background

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Toddlers and Flour


So has anybody heard about the toddlers and the 5 lb bag of flour?  Well, if you haven’t then your computer, phone AND T.V. must be broken.  There is a video on youtube that went viral yesterday showing a couple of toddlers going to town with a bag of flour.    

Yes, flour.

Man, did my heart just ache for this poor woman.  There is some muttering about on the internet that this was set up. However, as a mother of two toddlers myself, I definitely hear shock and complete disbelief in that poor mother's voice.  If this had been me, I would probably still be in the corner of the room, in the fetal position, rocking back and forth, well on my way to being committed.  

Um, yeah.  Thank God I do not bake.  Otherwise, I could totally see my turkeys doing this and with great enthusiasm.  Fortunately, I only have about 4 cups of flour in a canister on my kitchen counter.  Which means they would have to pull a chair over, climb on the counter and figure out how to open the container before anything really bad could happen.  Hmmmm….Note to self:  figure out how to childproof all cannisters.

Just because a 5 lb bag of flour is not readily available in our household does not mean that we have any shortage of objects to destroy.  Oh, no.  For example, my makeup bag is sometimes left on the bathroom counter.  Geez, David, how could you forget to put that away after using my eyeshadow?  I always put my things away…

Anyhow, let’s just say that Hayden found some mascara and had himself a grand old time.  Apparently, mascara does not taste good. Always good to have that information, you know, just in case you decided to try it out yourself. The look on his face was priceless; I’ll have to see if I can figure out how to upload cell phone pictures because David got a great one.

Then, yesterday, the same makeup bag was left out.  I really need to work on that.  This time Logan was the culprit.  Again, with the mascara!  You’d think they would select a much more toddler friendly tool, like eyeliner, or something.  Only he didn’t try to eat it, he just decided to decorate my walls.  And my vanity.  And the floor. 

Just a couple of days ago, a certain someone who shall remain nameless (ahem, David) left the pantry door open.  Let’s just say an entire box of spaghetti is no more.  Do you know how hard it is to pick up raw spaghetti off the floor?  Not easy, my friends, not easy.  

Not as difficult as a 5 lb bag of flour though.  I shall count my blessings.

Oh and just in case you were wondering who was who in yesterday's post.  Logan = fire truck shirt and Hayden = yellow moose shirt.  

Love and Peace

~Andrea


No comments:

Post a Comment