Friday, February 3, 2012

Egads! Vegas recap..Part UNO

Hi kids.  Have you had a nice week?  Mine was just ok.  Kidding.

IT WAS FREAKING FABULOUS!  Of course right about now, I feel about 15 years older and my body aches in places I didn't even know could ache. But whatever, it was totally worth it.

You may or may not have heard, but I went to sin city to hang with a couple of girlfriends.  And I am on my way home to one recovering kid and another sick one and a husband that probably is climbing the walls.

But that's all right because sick or not, I miss my turkeys and my hubby and can't wait to snuggle with all of them.

So here I am sitting in the airport killing some time and I thought I would begin my blog post about my trip to Las Vegas, NV.  Cause, you know, I have a little bit of time until my flight leaves.

I pulled a total rookie move. I let the shuttle bus people freak me out with all their, "You know the TSA (or some equally ridiculous group) strongly recommends that you arrive at the airport 2 hours early...blah, blah, blah.  Then the shuttle bus people again tried to scare me by telling me it could take up to an hour to get to the airport...blah, blah, blah.  So against my better judgment, I let myself be bullied by into leaving entirely too early.  

At this precise moment in time I am sitting on the floor next to the only electrical outlet to be found with my computer plugged into the wall and even after going through security, I have 2 1/2 hours to go.  Las Vegas' McCarran Airport does not hold a candle to Phoenix's Sky Harbor Airport at least in terms of available electrical outlets and wifi connection speeds.

Seriously Sky Harbor is the Rolls Royce of convenience for the techie geeks who have to get on their laptop even when they only have 2 minutes until their flight boards.  There are these high top long tables with bar stools and numerous electrical outlets.  There were probably 5 separate tables around my gate in Phoenix.  Vegas, not so much.  As mentioned, my ass is sitting on the floor, next to a water fountain.  Yeah, pretty effing insane.

Speaking of insanity.  Remember how I wrote this post prior to departing for the city of sin?  Yeah, well, I reserve the right, as the author to rescind all comments made regarding my quest for sleep.  I blew that out of the water the first night when we were stumbling home from the casino at 7am.

Yes, I said 7am.  Did I mention that I also called my dad to share in my jubilation of staying up for 25 straight hours?  Um, yeah.  Apparently, I also forgot to tell my dad to keep my little telephone call a secret because he definitely told my mom, who in turn told my husband.  If it weren't for that little chain of events then you would not have known I stayed awake well past dawn because nobody would have known.  Because...

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!!!

Unless you drunk-dial your dad at 7 o'clock in the morning.  Stay tuned, there is much more to come.

Love and peace,


1 comment:

  1. Omg! Shhhhh! I talked to my dad at 9am!!!!! I told him I was going to lay down for a nap!!!, if your reading this???? Yup, I'm sure my lovely sister told you she talked to me just an hour before you and I was walking home to the hotel....cats outtake the bag! To our defense Andrea, we totally rocked like we were 21! My boy may not agree with you, but my adrenaline did!