background

Monday, January 30, 2012

I can't wait to go to Vegas and sleep

What!?!

This chick has lost her flipping mind.  You don't go to Vegas to sleep!  You go there to P-A-R-T-Y, like a rock star preferably.  You go there to spend copious amounts of money and drink copious amounts of alcohol.

Not me.

I am going there to hug my best friend that I haven't seen in nearly a year and sleep.  There might, just might be a teeny tiny bit of drinking going on also.  After all, just because we are all in our 30's doesn't mean we don't like to have fun.

But what I am looking forward to most is curling up in a nice comfy bed, with no snoring man next to me, no middle of the night trips back and forth across the hall, and no 7 am wake up calls and just sleeping.  To this sleep deprived mama, that sounds more glorious than anything.  Sigh.  By the way, if either of you girls snore, then you might end up in the hallway. Just kidding.  Kinda.

Of course, this morning my little Hayden decided to pull at the heartstrings to make me regret my blissful fantasies of sleep.  He has been feeling under the weather for a week or so and yesterday he spiked a fever of about 102.  Just high enough to make him uncomfortable and fussy and just high enough for me to hop on Web MD and convince myself that he had contracted some horrific disease.  So last night when he came in my room, I let him curl up with me, you know, just in case he did have some horrific disease and not just a virus.

David woke us both up at 5:30 am when he got up for work.  Hayden was wide awake and just laying there when he said it.  His first spontaneous, "I love you mommy."  Sure, they have both been saying that for quite some time but I always say it first.  This is the first time either one of them just said the words out of nowhere.  Geez, this is like high school.  Anyways, so we laid there and he just played with my face and hair until he fell back asleep.  It was a truly special moment.  And I would be lying if I told you that I felt no guilt about my mini vacay.

Nonetheless, I am sure the turkeys will drive me crazy today and I will leave for the airport with a great big giant, "Peace out" to my family.  Or they will be super sweet today and I will leave with a monstrous feeling of guilt, most of which will dissipate when I see my girl.  And sleep.

Let's not forget about the sleep.  See you on the flip side, friends.

Love and peace

~Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment