background

Friday, January 6, 2012

Without a hitch


Well, our first day of school came and went with barely any drama.  Shocking, really, considering when we went to visit the classroom last month Hayden was shaking and crying so uncontrollably that you would have thought I was taking him to a torture chamber rather than school and I almost nixed the idea of preschool until they turned 13 AND I didn’t even leave that day, we just “observed.”

So imagine my surprise, when we strapped the little Thomas the Train backpacks on their backs (which I got on clearance at Toys R’ Us for $6 thankyouverymuch) and trotted on up to their classroom with nary a tear.  Hayden, whom I was expecting to freak the eff out, sauntered right on in, dropped his backpack and sat down at the table like he had been doing this for years. 

Logan took off out the door screeching.  Go figure.  If it’s not one, it’s the other.  That is going to be my mantra for the rest of my life, I am sure. 

So we left and before we had even finished signing them out, Logan was all settled down.  Huhmmm…whaddya know?

So what did I do with my first morning of freedom you might wonder or maybe not.  But I am going to tell you.

I did absolutely nothing. 

My house is kind of a disaster.  The floors need to be swept, Christmas decorations need to be put away, tubs need to be scrubbed, laundry needs to be folded, the dishwasher needs to be put emptied and reloaded, and the list goes on and on and on.  I did none of it.  I did however, manage to make the beds, but I did that before I left this morning, so that probably doesn’t really count. 

For 3 hours (well 2 ½ really, but who’s counting), I sat outside and read a book and drank a little coffee.  I tried to lay down for a bit, but I probably should not have had the coffee before I tried that little endeavor.  It was glorious.  I figure Tuesday is when I’ll start to be super Suzy Homemaker again.  But today, today I just relished in the silence.  It was a beautiful thing and I don’t feel the slightest bit guilty. 

Love and peace

~Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment