Friday, January 20, 2012

Play by play

Our lives are pretty boring around here (pun intended). I actually can't believe how quickly the days do go by. I swear yesterday was just Christmas. Of course, it still looks like Christmas, but whatever. It has to come down this week because we are having mom, dad and mommo over for dinner on Sunday. I can't be entertaining with all this shit still all over my house. Nope, sure can't.

So anyhow, what do you do everyday Andrea, you might be wondering? Or not, but I'm gonna tell you anyway.

Thankfully, the turkeys have been sleeping relatively late in the mornings. One of them usually trots into our room around 7:12. I can usually talk that kid into snuggling with me for about 15 minutes and then we get up to begin our day. I find I am the most productive from about 7:45 - 8:45. After they get up, we put on big boy pants (they are still in diapers for the overnights) and then they have a cup of milk. I make their beds and then mine, if David is at work.  I unload the dishwasher and load it with the 6 dishes David managed to dirty between 10pm and midnight and clean the counters that he managed to make filthy during the same time frame.  Husbands.

By that time turkeys usually need to pee, so we head to the bathroom and they do their deed.  They still get super excited every time they pee in the pot, so it puts a smile on my face first thing in the morning.  Then I get them dressed and I try to talk them into breakfast.  Doesn't always work, but most mornings they have some kind of sugary laced cereal like Apple Jacks or Trix.  Please spare me any comments about how bad it is for my kids.  For the reasons why I don't care, click here.  I toss in a load of laundry and maybe, just maybe fold the load that always seems to be in the dryer.  Some days are better than others on this front.

Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays we all head to the gym together where I get my ass kicked in my Boot Camp style class and they do crafts and watch Dora.  I don't think that is exactly fair, however, they are probably a little too young for Boot Camp so I will let them off the hook.  This time.  After the gym, we usually head to the grocery store or Target to pick up whatever necessities I need to keep our household in order.  If there is no place I need to go, then we will typically stop at one of the 25 parks near our home to burn off some energy (i.e. get them tired enough to nap).  Then head home for lunch.

Tuesdays and Thursdays, they go to school and I come home with the greatest of intentions of doing housework, but I usually will get sucked into a book or Pinterest or blogging and barely remember to take a shower before I have to pick them up.  Then we head home for lunch.

After lunch, they play for about an hour and I start trying get them to fall asleep by 1:30.  Sometimes they fall asleep quickly, other days they don't fall asleep until 3.  On the days I don't work, I don't really care how late they sleep, but on the days I do work, we have to be out the door by 4.  I drop them at mom's and off I go.

I work 4 evenings a week and on Thursdays I have a MOMs group I attend.  The other two evenings are spent with David or my mom and dad.

Don't be jealous, but on the nights I am home and David is working late, my mommy cooks me dinner.  She is the most wonderful woman in the world.  We are so beyond grateful for everything she does for us.

So that's it.  That's what our days look like.  Nothing too terribly exciting.  If I start my class in the next few weeks, I will have to make some adjustments for some study time, but it shouldn't be too drastic.

Love and peace,


1 comment: